September Suggestions now open for Heavy Medal’s Mock Newbery
It’s time for September Suggestions on Heavy Medal! I know, it’s not quite September yet, but we want to use this next week to add to our long list of suggested titles. Then we’ll be all set to start Heavy Medal’s official season, which runs from September through January, right after Labor Day.
A few reminders about how Suggestions work on Heavy Medal:
- You may suggest any eligible children’s books that you feel might be worthy of possible consideration for the 2021 Newbery Medal.
- Suggest only titles that have been published in print form (not just as an advanced reader copy).
- List title and author only for now.
- The list of Suggestions so far through August can be found here. It is fine to suggest books that are already on the list, as long as you haven’t suggested them already yourself.
- We limit each person to five Suggestions per month. Fewer is fine too.
- More details about Suggestions can be found in this post from March.
September Suggestions will close on Sunday, September 6th. The updated list of Suggestions will go up soon after that.
Filed under: Uncategorized
About Steven Engelfried
Steven Engelfried was the Library Services Manager at the Wilsonville Public Library in Oregon until he retired in 2022 after 35 years as a full-time librarian. He served on the 2010 Newbery committee, chaired the 2013 Newbery Committee, and also served on the 2002 Caldecott committee. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SLJ Blog Network