Five Word Friday: Nominations in 5 Words or Less
Let’s have some fun today and play a game where Emily tries to sum up all 36 nominations in five words or less. I was going to be nice and list the titles but decided it would be more fun if you guessed! Don’t like my five word roundup? Put your own in the comments! But remember, FIVE WORDS OR LESS!
- Secret Society siblings SAY WHAT?
- When unconventional friendships conquer obstacles
- Greediness grabs the special jars
- Colored pencils and index cards…
- Destiny, drama, and darn demigods
- Bringing truth into body image
- We’re not in Kansas anymore (sorry couldn’t resist)
- Double life but quadruple sadness
- Small plant memories old and new
- Chicago’s final point of view
- Shadowy secrets change the world
- Peter Pan’s seen nothing yet!
- History reduxed… the third time
- Electricity equals a new world
- Deep roots create new mysticism
- Past, present, future. Equals us
- Medieval feline makes history books
- Wild stories help hard times
- Fifteen individuals create one tale
- Family and friendship meet gender identity
- Boy conquers the first grade
- A boy, a quest, and a pony
- Families exist on outer space
- If you could go back….
- It’s because of the goat
- Magically bring the bullies down!
- Mischievous girls rule the world
- Together come love grief & imagination
- Not another rich orphan story?
- She believed, she persevered, she escaped
- Is excitement a worthwhile wish?
- Holy beings come to heal
- Once upon a racist time
- Deep inside the sneaky standoff
- Ghosts get the truth out
Whoever guesses the most correct wins a special prize from Steven (JK, LOL). And give me your own five-word descriptions. We can have movie tag lines ready to go!
About Emily Mroczek-Bayci
Emily Mroczek (Bayci) is a freelance children’s librarian in the Chicago suburbs. She served on the 2019 Newbery committee. You can reach her at email@example.com.
SLJ Blog Network