December Nomination Time: Last Chance to Nominate
It’s time for our final round of nominations, a little early so we can make our Heavy Medal Book List. Select your next top two children’s books of the year by Saturday, December 4th and we’ll add them to our nominations list. We nominated three titles in October, and two in November and you can see the past results here.
- Nominate two titles in the comments below. (If you didn’t nominate your three in October or two in November, you can have extra).
- Listing the two titles is fine, but if you would like to share a bit about why any of them made your list, or any strategic rationale, that’s fine.
- Nominations will stay open through the end of Saturday, December 4th. We’ll post the totals on the 6th.
- The nominations list helps Steven and I develop the Heavy Medal Book List. These are the titles we will feature, discuss, and vote on for our Heavy Medal Mock Newbery.
- We already have six titles on our list: AMBER AND CLAY, FALLOUT, HARRY VS. THE FIRST 100 DAYS OF SCHOOL, JUST LIKE THAT, PITY PARTY, AND RED, WHITE, AND WHOLE. You don’t necessarily need to nominate these, because they are already on our list!
- Now is the time to look at past nominations and strategize. If a title is already nominated, adding it can show additional support and make it more likely to be included on our booklist. However, if a title isn’t nominated at all it is super highly unlikely it will be included on our booklist.
Now, let’s own Monday and get nominating!
Filed under: Nominations
About Emily Mroczek-Bayci
Emily Mroczek (Bayci) is a freelance children’s librarian in the Chicago suburbs. She served on the 2019 Newbery committee. You can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SLJ Blog Network