2019 Heavy Medal: April Suggestions
This is an invitation for April suggestions from our readers.
- books that you think could be possible Newbery contenders.
- only eligible books. Check the Terms and Criteria for details. Basic rules: written by an American citizen/resident; original work; published in the US, in 2018, for children up to age 14.
- 1 to 5 titles: title/author, no justification needed.
- only books that have been published.
- only books that you have read.
- a book that you believe could be a contender even if it has already been suggested.
The suggestions are due on the 5th. On the 6th (or shortly after) we’ll post a cumulated list.
We look forward to this month’s titles!
Filed under: Process
About Roxanne Hsu Feldman
Roxanne Hsu Feldman is the Middle School (4th to 8th grade) Librarian at the Dalton School in New York City. She served on the 2002 and 2013 Newbery Committees. Roxanne was also a member of 2008-2009 Notable Books for Children, 2015 Best Fiction for Young Adults, and the 2017 Odyssey Award Committees. In 2016 Roxanne was one of the three judges for the Boston Globe-Horn Book Awards. You can reach her at at email@example.com.
SLJ Blog Network
Watch The Yarn LIVE with Kate DiCamillo at ALA!
Heists, Celebrity, and Mystery: An Interview with Nicholas Day About The Mona Lisa Vanishes
Teen Titans | Series Review
“Enough with the chicken noises.” A guest post by Sean Ferrell
The Classroom Bookshelf is Moving