2019 Heavy Medal: May Suggestions
This is an invitation for May suggestions from our readers.
- books that you think could be possible Newbery contenders.
- only eligible books. Check the Terms and Criteria for details. Basic rules: written by an American citizen/resident; original work; published in the US, in 2018, for children up to age 14.
- 1 to 5 titles: title/author, no justification needed.
- only books that have been published.
- only books that you have read.
- a book that you believe could be a contender even if it has already been suggested by someone else.
- only books that you haven’t already suggested.
The suggestions are due on the 6th. On the 7th (or shortly after) we’ll post a cumulated list.
We look so forward to this month’s titles!
Filed under: Process
About Sharon McKellar
Sharon McKellar is the Supervising Librarian for Teen Services at the Oakland Public Library in California. She has served on the Rainbow List Committee, the Notable Children’s Recordings Committee, The Arbuthnot Honor Lecture Committee, and the 2015 Caldecott Committee. You can reach her at email@example.com.
SLJ Blog Network
2023 Caldecott Jump
Fuse 8 n’ Kate: A Bad Case of Stripes by David Shannon
Ben Mortara and the Thieves of the Golden Table | This Week’s Comics
New Reports Show a Decline in YA Book Sales and I Have Some Thoughts as to Why That Might be Happening
The Classroom Bookshelf is Moving