2019 Heavy Medal: June Suggestions
- books that you think could be possible Newbery contenders.
- only eligible books. Check the Terms and Criteria for details. Basic rules: written by an American citizen/resident; original work; published in the US, in 2018, for children up to age 14.
- 1 to 5 titles: title/author, no justification needed.
- only books that have been published.
- only books that you have read.
- a book that you believe could be a contender even if it has already been suggested by someone else.
- only books that you haven’t already suggested.
The suggestions are due on June 6th. On the 7th (or shortly after) we’ll post a cumulated list.
Filed under: Process
About Steven Engelfried
Steven Engelfried was the Library Services Manager at the Wilsonville Public Library in Oregon until he retired after 35 years as a full-time librarian. He served on the 2010 Newbery committee, chaired the 2013 Newbery Committee, and also served on the 2002 Caldecott committee. You can reach him at email@example.com.
SLJ Blog Network