2019 Heavy Medal: June Suggestions
It’s time for June Mock Newbery suggestions from our readers.
- books that you think could be possible Newbery contenders.
- only eligible books. Check the Terms and Criteria for details. Basic rules: written by an American citizen/resident; original work; published in the US, in 2018, for children up to age 14.
- 1 to 5 titles: title/author, no justification needed.
- only books that have been published.
- only books that you have read.
- a book that you believe could be a contender even if it has already been suggested by someone else.
- only books that you haven’t already suggested.
The suggestions are due on June 6th. On the 7th (or shortly after) we’ll post a cumulated list.
Filed under: Process
About Steven Engelfried
Steven Engelfried was the Library Services Manager at the Wilsonville Public Library in Oregon until he retired in 2022 after 35 years as a full-time librarian. He served on the 2010 Newbery committee, chaired the 2013 Newbery Committee, and also served on the 2002 Caldecott committee. You can reach him at email@example.com.
SLJ Blog Network
Watch The Yarn LIVE with Kate DiCamillo at ALA!
Heists, Celebrity, and Mystery: An Interview with Nicholas Day About The Mona Lisa Vanishes
Teen Titans | Series Review
“Enough with the chicken noises.” A guest post by Sean Ferrell
The Classroom Bookshelf is Moving